The School Council represents the entire student body. They:
- Create a communication channel between all students and the staff / governing bodies and the wider community.
- Generate, discuss and initiate ways of improving the school from a student perspective.
- Respond to staff led initiatives relating to the school improvement and development.
- Generate ideas for fund raising for the school and also external charities, feed back these ideas to their class groups and support the carrying out of these plans.
- Act as positive role models through their behaviour and leadership to other students within the school.
- Work collaboratively with other SEN School Councils within the county.
- Represent SEN pupils at National Level by taking part in conferences.